MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING - LEVEL 1
Learn how to teach meditation to beginner students in this Level 1 training. Incorporate meditation into your work and deepen your own practice.
NOV 2 | 1:00 PM - 6:00 pm
nov 3 | 1:00 PM - 6:00 pm
NOV 16 | 11:00 AM - 5:00 pm
TOTAL HOURS: 30 (16 CONTACT HOURS)
SIGN UP NOW!
Cost: $500 by 10/19, $575 after
Develop the confidence, vocabulary and presence to successfully lead others in a range of beginner meditation techniques and build their own daily meditation practice. Learn how to find and teach greater presence, balance, clarity and expansiveness within yourself through a committed personal meditation practice.
Level One Training is 30 hours total (16 contact hours)
Eligible for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits.
THIS LEVEL ONE Meditation Teacher Training PROGRAM is a good fit for you if:
• You are a yoga teacher who is not yet comfortable including meditation as a part of your class
• You are a psychotherapist, health professional or life coach and you would like to introduce meditation into your work with your clients
• You are a teacher or a leader and would like to implement meditation to those who look to you for guidance
• You would like to volunteer and share meditation with communities in need
• You would like to deepen your own understanding of meditation from an experiential point of view as well as deepen your knowledge of eastern philosophy and Buddhism
Have questions about this training?
Contact us below for more information!
You will learn:
• Introduction to meditation from the historic, neuroscientific, psychological, and experiential perspectives
• The history of meditation and its ancient origins in Buddhism via the framework of the Four Noble Truths
• The components of living an ethical life
• How to teach beginners simple and accessible meditation techniques that is tailored to their lifestyle and needs
• Knowing your audience and using skillful means with instructions that will resonate with and inspire others
• Practice leading meditations in one-to-one, small group, and audio recorded formats and receive constructive feedback
• Develop the confidence, vocabulary, and presence to successfully lead others in a range of beginner meditation techniques and build their own daily meditation practice
• Find greater presence, balance, clarity, and expansiveness within yourself through a committed personal meditation practice
• You will be required to observe group meditation classes, submit written observations, spend time practice-teaching, volunteer and teach a final class to complete the certification
Dee’s journey began 19 years ago when she attended her a prenatal yoga class while expecting her first of three sons. When her husband passed away in 2007, she found herself juggling the pressures of a corporate career while raising her boys on her own. Life was challenging, and Dee struggled with grief, depression and acute anxiety. After many unhappy years, her yoga practice deepened and she discovered meditation and eastern philosophy. Her commitment to the practices proved to be incredibly effective in shifting the way she looked at the world. Feeling grounded and strong, she felt compelled to dedicate her life to helping others and left her corporate career to teach yoga and meditation full time. Dee is the owner of Prana Yoga and Meditation which offers a prenatal and postnatal program and private yoga, meditation and life coaching services. She has written articles for yoganonymous.com, elephantjournal.com, and sivana blog and been featured in USA Today.